We provide a service to assist clients to resolve children’s matters and to provide for their ongoing care and welfare.
Lighting the Way Forward
The drafting and advice upon mediation processes, parenting plans, consent orders and Court applications are all provided by our firm. We further have extensive experience in ensuring compliance with existing child arrangements and with the variation of those arrangements, and with applications involving grandparents and significant others in the lives of children.
Our Principal, Glenn Thexton, has trained as an Independent Children’s Lawyer and brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to all matters that our firm works upon.
We have no upfront fee to assess and provide preliminary advice on your children’s matters, and any fees charged by our firm are subject to a fixed fee quotation that will be provided to you prior to undertaking work on your matter.
Common issues that we deal with include for example: –
• Domestic or family violence against or in front of you and your children
• Psychological and psychiatric assessments
• Drug and alcohol dependency issues
• Mediation and alternative dispute resolution
• Roundtable Dispute Management
• Contravention applications for existing parenting orders
• Relocation applications and opposition to relocation applications
• Recovery orders
• Independent Children’s Lawyers
• How to prepare for a Family Report
• Hague Convention recoveries
• Drafting of affidavits
• Ensuring appropriate safeguards exist in your orders
• Notices of Risk of Abuse or Family Violence made to Child Services authorities
• Child support back-payments or reviews
• Medical procedures
• DNA and paternity testing issues
• Listing of parents on birth certificates
• Involvement of step-parents and grandparents
• Surrogacy and adoptions